I was approached to lead worship for church anniversary. I was afraid, so i roped in lace to co-lead with me. After that we were told that there wld be a translator there to sing in chinese, so if the 3 of us all stand on the same stage, it will be very messy, n there will not be any1 in particular that will be the "worship leader". The next shock came when (or rather i sensed that) they didn't want the usual mess that we will havw with both pple on stage singing the songs, both in eng n chinese all at the same time. So I took it upon myself that i had to sing in chinese. There was 1 song in the whole set that was originally written in chinese. I mean, my chinese is quite bad n i only got a C5 for my o'levels. Then on sat, i tot that i could let the translator sing all the chinese parts n juz concentrate on the eng words n the only chinese song. But to my dosmay, the translator couldn't join us for the practice, so on the spot, i asked aunty clara for the han yu pin yin of the words that look alian to me. Well, all in all, i thank God for the ability to be able to pronounce the chinese words rather properly n i managed to pull it off (of course with God's help). I guess, in the end, singing in chinese isn't so bad, n the words seem to mean more when spoken in chinese. I have now gained a new respect for the language. I told myself that i will try to learn how to pray in chinese on of these days. God knows no boundaries when it comes to his creation which was made to praise Him, n that includes the chinese language.
consuming fire fan into flames