I have been away from the com for the past 3 days...so here is the update for all 3 days.
18/5/05 - I drove the care ot the airport early in the morning to pick ben up.(of course my parents were in the car too lah). I almost got the middle finger sign from the taxi uncle for going into the area where they stopped to pick up passengers arriving in S'pore in T1 and the police man gave me a hard stare too. My dad didn't tell me where to turn to, n he wanted me to let my mum off 1st, so that she could go n welcome ben back(coz at tt time we were a little late). I think it was too early in the morning and he was juz as blur, so after the big hooha, we mamaged to park safely n welcome ben bck all together. Upon reaching home, i didn't know what came over me, i felt so tired n i slept for 4 shright hrs.blah blah blah abt wat happened in the afternoon. At nite i was cooking instant noodles for ben, for dinner. I thik tt i was too excited to cook my share, tt while trying to on the flame, n holding on to the sieve n trying to siam the oven, tt i got the hairs on my 3rd, 4th 5th fingers's hair burnt. (this is my rt hand i am refering to). Sad to say, even with my powerful cooking skills, such a shameful incident could still happen....haiz. Now the hairs of the 3 fingers are half the lenth of that of their counterpart on the left hand.
!9/5/05 - went for a much neede swim today...teck was there but he couldn't swim. y? bocz of his wisdon tooth lor. At nite i attended my 1st (official) mission trip training. I told myself that during this trip, I am going to be the nicest person I can ever be. Then as the lesson unfolded. I was brough back to the reality of what my motives are for going. I was wrestling with the Holy Spirit n i cam to realise that if i try so hard to be who i am not, the i wouldn'r be letting God mold me in my character. I pondered abt it during the lesson n came to the conclusion at the end of it that if i wanted to be nice, it had to be genuine. I shouldn't fake it, if not the real me will not get to experience the whole mission trip in it's ugly self, just as I am.
20/5/05 - Went to the dentist with isabel, crystabel n addie. It was quite an interesting experence, seeing how addie's dad aka iasbel's grandpa had to coax her into letting him clean her teeth. On the way to teck's place n in the midst of the kids making alot of noice in the car, addie n i had our heart to heart talk. told her abt work n also the thing i was struggling with abt mission trip. And what she had to say shed more light into the situation n now i understand what Gos was doing all these while. I had a prophercy said over me thru Steven Das Fransis. He said that nursing is where God has appointed me to be doing n tt i had a calling for missions n doors will be opened to such opportunities. That was spoen when i juz started in my nursing course. I remembered that i wanted to quit n i was wondering if i had made a wrong choice as i didn't know where is was leading me to. The part abt missions haven't been fulfilled yet as everytime the opportunity comes for a mission trip, sttachment will be the boulder blocking it. I never understood why tt had to happen, until today.And this is what addie said abt the missions part today: "many a times God holds back things from us because our character is not yet ready for it" Then i saw God speaking to me thru addie with those words. And i agree with her. I don't really know abt the character part, but never have i seen my parents so ready to let me go for this trip, i actually didn't ask them for permission n merely told them that i decided to go. I don't have things holding me down (eg. sch work, exams, attachment, stress at work). And i think that me being able to go this time is a door which God opened for me, because HE knows that i am ready. I thank God for being a faithful God who keeps to His promises n who never fails us. And everyone shouts....AMEN!!!!!
consuming fire fan into flames