Powered by TagBoard Message Board
Name

URL or Email

Messages(smilies)




[[about me]]
Qiuluan.
working.
1 Nov.
Singapore.


[[likes]]
everything.
people tt talk alot.
pink stuff.
Point of Grace.


[[hates]]
offals of animals.
things that smell bad.
pig's liver.

Monday, May 16, 2005

Teck once that one of the things that he saw in me that was attractive to him was my tenacity (of course i asked him the qn 1st lah: so...what was it that u like abt me? before i got that reply) In the 1st place, i didn't even know that i possessed such a quality. And it seems that over time, i have lost that trait in me. i grumble when things are bad, look at situations as if it will kill me to walk juz a little bit further.
I am once again reminded abt this trait that i used to possess (maybe it is collecting dust somewhere within me). I learnt frm Rev. George Ong that tenacity was one thing that the Isralites lacked in, in Exodus 15. And as i sat there listening to what he was saying, i asked myself, how many times in my life have i ever really press on to wait for what lies ahead. Many a times, we as humans like to take control of the situation, thinking that God isn't doing His job, n end up making a whole mess of the situation(picture a meshed up cake) n having to bring it back to God, when in the 1st place it was His job to take care of it n not u.

Sounds familiar? This is one senario which happens everyday of our lives. Then we tell ourselves: if only we didn't do this, if only we didn't do that....all the "if onlys". Why not take up the challenge n be a man/woman of tenacity. Have the never say die attitude! I am sure God is more than pleased to have quality disciples, than quantity.
I am now faced with a challenge, which is to work in the OT. I don't deny that i am scared n also feeling that life is so unfair. But after today's sermon, i am more convinced that this is where God wants me to go. And if He has placed me there, then He must think that i am capable of working there. Or even if i am nt capable, He will show me how His grace is sufficient for me.
I have chosen to be a woman on tenacity...what abt u?

consuming fire fan into flames



Luanie_____shone with a magical smile
12:52 AM


Come to me all you who labor and are heavy laiden, and I will give you rest Matthew 11 : 28